IMU-CET 2022 Exam: Syllabus, Eligibility, Application form
Want to create an exciting career in the merchant navy? Here’s your call for it. Indian Maritime University has announced the date for its entrance exam IMU-CET for 2022. The application form is released on its website from 28th March 2022. The examination will be conducted on 11th June 2022.
Candidates who want to pursue UG and PG courses in maritime studies like B. Tech, B. Sc, M. Tech, M. Sc, and MBA have to appear for this entrance examination.
Here are some important dates you need to consider for IMU-CET 2022:
|Starting of Application form filling||28th March 2022|
|Last date to submit online application form||24th May 2022 (Extended)|
|Availability of admit card||To be announced|
|IMU CET 2022 exam date||11th June 2022|
|Result declaration||To be announced|
|Starting of counseling||To be announced|
IMU-CET 2022 Application form details:
Some important instructions regarding the IMU-CET Application Form 2022 are mentioned below:
- Candidates who aspire to appear in the IMU CET 2022 exam must apply online.
- Only online mode of application was available and offline application would not be entertained.
- While making an application online candidates must keep their academic certificates/mark sheet with them for reference purposes.
- The registration process has commenced from 28th March 2022.
- The Application form will be released for eligible candidates only, so candidates must confirm their eligibility before applying for the exam.
- Candidates must fill the application form as per the instructions on it.
- The details filled by candidates in the application form must be authentic as any alteration in details can cause rejection of application form.
- Candidates must submit their application form before the prescribed dates as no candidates will be allowed to submit the application form after that date.
- The last date of submission of application form is 24th May 2022.
Documents required for IMU-CET 2022 exam registration:
- Scanned copy of passport size photograph
- Scanned signature
- 10th class mark sheet as proof of date of birth
- Scanned copy of 12th mark sheet/ degree certificate
- Category certificate
IMU-CET 2022 eligibility criteria:
Well, it is quite important to get proper knowledge about the eligibility criteria as it will decide whether you are suitable for IMU-CET or not. If we talk about the factors that are known to specify the eligibility of a candidate then a large number of factors like age, educational qualification, and physical fitness are associated with it. The eligibility criteria also differ from program to program. Check the table below to know more.
The age limit lies between 17 to 25 years. Candidates who belong to the SC and ST category will get a relaxation of 5 years. All the candidates should be physically fit and should’ve passed the medical examination to be eligible for IMU-CET.
IMU-CET 2022 application fees:
Candidates can submit application fees through online mode using a debit card/ credit card or net banking. This fee will be non-refundable in any circumstances. The fees for general and OBC- NCL category candidates is INR 1000 and for SC/ ST category candidates it is INR 700.
IMU-CET 2022 Exam pattern:
- Exam mode: The examination will be conducted through online (CBT) mode.
- Type of questions: This exam consists of multiple choice questions.
- Duration: The exam duration will be 3 hours.
- Number of questions: For UG courses 200 questions will be asked, For MBA and M.Tech courses 120 questions will be asked.
- Marking scheme: One mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking.
IMU-CET 2022 Syllabus:
The syllabus is likely the most important aspect that students should consider before preparing for any exam. If a student wants to take this entrance exam in order to get into a UG program, their syllabus will be based on the 11th and 12th levels. There will be sections for general knowledge, and because the questions are of plus 2 level, candidates will have no trouble answering them.
The university, however, has assigned unique syllabuses to each of the courses. Candidates interested in pursuing an MBA will be offered a syllabus based on logical reasoning, data interpretation, and quantitative ability. English appears to be required in all of the courses as it is listed on the syllabus of each one.
Those who have taken up the M.Tech course, have to cover subjects like Mathematics, English, and topics from Mechanical/Marine/ Naval Architecture.
IMU-CET 2022 exam preparation tips:
- Sample papers are available at bookstores for students to purchase. It will undoubtedly assist in getting guidance on the areas where you should focus your efforts.
- Create a study schedule and prioritize your time for each subject.
- As there will be a separate general knowledge paper, the only way to qualify for this one is to keep up with the newest news, whether through mass media or print media.
- Making brief notes when reading a topic is a good way to remember the essential ideas. It will make your preparations go more smoothly.
- At least one week before the exam, go over all of your subjects again.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is IMU-CET?
IMU-CET is a computer-based entrance examination conducted by Indian Maritime University which is mandatory for students who want to take admission in UG and PG Maritime courses.
2. How can I apply for IMU-CET?
To apply for IMU-CET, visit their website and complete the online registration process. You will have to upload all necessary documents and pay the fees to register for the exam.
3. I have appeared for the 12th board exam and my results are not yet declared. How can I fill the application form?
Even if your results are not declared, you can apply for IMU-CET exams. Simply select the option of ‘Result awaited’. You will only have to fill in your roll number as mentioned on the admit card.
4. Is the application form available offline?
No, the application form can only be filled online from the official site of IMU CET.
5. Can I edit my form after submission?
Candidates can correct their application form before the last date, after that any correction will not be allowed.